What is SUPERPOWER’D?
The SUPERPOWER’D program is a new 8-week program for all onshore RMIT Training students starting in semester 2 2022. Running from 30 July – 12 September across 7 workshops, the program will help identify and super-charge your character strengths whilst building your confidence and resilience.
- DISCOVER’D: A fun and exciting team race to discover the amazing sites of Melbourne! Your character strengths of teamwork, bravery, zest and curiosity will help you on your quest throughout the city.
Discover Melbourne by unlocking 12 secret places around the city where you will complete challenges in the format of The Amazing Race.
- CONNECT’D: This workshop is all about connections, communication and building friendships. Meet RMIT Training Wellbeing Counsellor Vincent’s, and Strength Coach Elizabeth to understand more about relationships, cultural differences and more.
- RE-CONNECT’D: Learn how to establish healthy relationship boundaries and manage conflict.
- EMPLOY’D: A series of 3 workshops designed to help international students use their Character Strengths to help find work.
- INTERVIEW’D: These workshops will help students write a killer resume, nail that elevator pitch and practice your interview techniques.
- UNLEASH'D: Boost your self-confidence and explore your creative side in this workshop. Learn a dance routine, creative writing or try some mindfulness exercises.
- WRAPP’D: The final workshop for us to celebrate all we have achieved. We will make a video to be placed in a time-capsule.
What do you need to do?
Step 1: Take the SUPERPOWER’D Character Strengths Quiz in class during your first week.
Step 2: Sign up to the DISCOVER’D challenge, and any of the other workshops that you think will suit you.
Step 3: Book a personalised session with our Strength Coach.
Step 4: Get your free course: Barista or Responsible Serving of Alcohol.
What is in it for me?
At the start of the program, you will complete a survey where you will find your top 5 strengths. Unlocking your top strengths may help you on your study journey with RMIT Training and beyond.
We will have free food, fun and you will have the opportunity to make new friends and connections, and you will develop skills to help you be your best. And if you join a minimum of 5 workshops you can chose between a free barista training or responsible servicing of alcohol course, giving you an upper hand and the opportunity to work in hospitality whilst you study.
Got a question? Reach out to our friendly team here and we can assist you with your enquiry.